Mass-goers in Aughagower will this weekend (July 10th/11th) hear speakers from the newly-formed Catholic Grandparents Association, as part of an effort to establish a branch of the organisation in the parish.
Catherine Wiley and Máire Printer from the Catholic Grandparents Association will address Masses in Aughagower this weekend, and a follow-up meeting to establish a branch locally will be held in the coming weeks.
Meanwhile, a meeting of the Knock branch will also take place this week – tomorrow (Thursday, July 8th) in St John’s Rest & Care Centre at 12noon.
This year’s National Grandparents Pilgrimage will take place in Knock Shrine, Co. Mayo, on Sunday, September 12th, at 2pm.
Further details are available on www.CatholicGrandparentsAssociation.com.
About the Catholic Grandparents Association
- Archbishop Michael Neary, Archbishop of Tuam is Patron
- The Association was born out of the National Grandparents Pilgrimage, established by grandmother Catherine Wiley in 2007.
- One of the aims of the Catholic Grandparents Association is to celebrate the important role grandparents play in the lives of their grandchildren.
- In 2009, over 14,000 people attended the formation of the Catholic Grandparents Association
- Further information on the National Grandparents Pilgrimage is available on www.CatholicGrandparentsAssociation.com